Subletting your home

If you are going to sublet your home you must:

  • tell us you're subletting your home
  • inform the insurance department
  • inform your mortgage lender (if you have one), and
  • provide us with a forwarding address.

We advise you enter into a tenancy agreement with you tenant(s), as this protects the rights of both parties.

As the leaseholder, you will still be responsible for making sure the terms of the lease are adhered to; a tenancy agreement is a good way to make sure that your tenant(s) adhere to these terms.

As a landlord you are required by law to service all gas appliances and provide a copy of the gas certificate (also called a CP12) to them.

The terms of your lease also state you must send a copy of the gas certificate to home ownership services.

Contact us

Call: 020 7926 6700


Write to us:

Home ownership services
Lambeth London Living
Hambrook House, second floor
Porden Road