Insuring your home

This page holds all the information you need to know about insuring your home:

Building insurance cover

Building insurance is included in your service charge and provided by Aspen insurance.

At the start of each financial year (April) we will send you a copy of the Leaseholder's Summary of Cover, which tells you what the policy covers. You must read this summary which summarises the Aspen policy document.

We will also send you a copy of the building insurance schedule giving you details of the policy coverage and how to make a claim.

You can request a copy of your building insurance schedule from Lambeth risk and insurance on 020 7926 9330.

You should keep your building insurance cover in a safe place.

back to top

Making a building insurance claim

To make a claim call the insurers, Aspen, directly on the 24-hour a day claims help line on telephone: 08705 21 22 23

You will need to give them your name, leasehold property address and policy number (which is NO8998408AOQ).

All claims must be made to Aspen within 90 days of the damage occurring. If you do not notify Aspen within 90 days you will invalidate your claim on the grounds of late notification and you will not be able to make a claim on the insurance policy.

Aspen will advise you if the damage is included under the policy cover and on how to carry out repairs.

If you are not satisfied with the way your enquiry was dealt with, write, quoting the policy number, to:

The Chief Executive
Aspen Insurance UK Limited
30 Fenchurch Street

If you are dissatisfied with their response contact the Improvement, Risk and Insurance Service

Write to:
Improvement, Risk and Insurance Service

Room 213, Lambeth Town Hall
Brixton Hill

Call: 020 7926 9330 or 020 7926 9301

back to top

What you will pay

You will pay the first £50 of every claim for accidental damage and £1,000 of each and every loss for subsidence, landslip and heave.

If you are subletting your property your policy will also include the accidental damage cover.

back to top

What to do if a leak has caused damage to another property

Where a leak has occurred on a leasehold flat causing structural damage to the property below, the proprietors of the damaged property should contact Aspen on the 24-hour-a-day claims help line 08705 21 22 23.

You are covered for damage to your windows or door glass. It is our responsibility, as the freeholder, to maintain the frames and the roof.

For general advice you may wish to contact Risk and Insurance on 020 7926 9330. Download the Risk and Insurance brochure.

back to top

What to do if you are going to sublet your property

You must always notify the council and complete an Intention to Sublet form, available from the risk and insurance section on 020 7926 9330.

Completed sublet forms should be returned to:

Risk and Insurance Section
Third floor, Olive Morris House
18 Brixton Hill

back to top

Contents insurance

Deciding to insure your belongings is up to you, but insuring your belongings can save a lot of money if they are stolen or damaged. We have worked with Farr insurance to design a home contents insurance policy for our residents.

back to top