Keeping you safe in your home

As your landlord we are required by law to service all gas appliances, fittings and flues in your home that we own, to make sure they are safe.

We must arrange Gas safety checks every 12 months on each gas appliance and flue by a Gas safe registered engineer.

After each safety check you will be given a copy of the annual gas check certificate (also known as a CP12), which you must keep in a safe place.

It is very important that these safety checks are carried out. The gas servicing contractor will inform you when your inspection is due and will make an appointment with you.

We may take legal action against those people who don't let us in to do the annual gas servicing work because this is a breach of your tenancy agreement and puts you and your family at risk.

If you think that a gas appliance in your home is unsafe, tell your local area office immediately or if the office is closed, contact the out-of-hours emergency service on 020 7926 6666.

You will also need to get any gas appliances that you have installed checked, for example a gas heater or cooker. As one of our tenants you have access to the Gas servicing contract we have with our contractors - you will need to contact the contractor for your area to arrange this and pay them directly for the service.

Gas servicing contract rates and contact details
Area Contractor Phone number Cost
North OCO 020 8315 5654 £66.37
Central T Brown 020 8786 1333 £61.84
South Mitie 0845 604 2866 £61.63

To find out more about safety in your home download a copy of the Your safety service guide.