Altering your home

Under the terms of your lease you must get our written written permission before you start any structural changes to your home. This is not the same as building or planning consent, you will still need to get these.

As the Landlord we have a duty to make sure that these works do not negatively affect other residents or us.

Making changes to your home:

You must submit an application if you wish to carry out the following works:

  • Replacement of windows/doors (external)
  • Replacement of boilers and heating system
  • Extensions/Conservatories
  • Loft conversion
  • Room Conversions
  • Building/renovation works that may affect the structure i.e. removal of walls, expansion of windows or doorways
  • Electrical or plumbing works

There is a charge of £250 per application for Landlords Consent, all cheques should be made payable to The London Borough of Lambeth.

Freeholders do not require Landlords consent however some works maybe subject to Planning and Building regulations and you should consult the relevant departments before any works commence.

back to top

Party walls

If your proposed work will affect the party wall of any property owned by the London Borough of Lambeth, before you undertake any work  you must serve a Party Structure Notice to Lambeth Council.

This Notice should be addressed to the Mayor and Burgesses of the London Borough of Lambeth and sent to Kris Rajendran by email at or by post to:

Mr Kris Rajendran
Senior Structural Engineer
Strategic Contract Management
Lambeth London Living Limited
First floor Hambrook House
Porden Road

For further advice about party walls please contact Kris Rajendran on 020 7926 5240 or email

back to top

Contact us

Call: 020 7926 6700


Write to us:

Home ownership services
Lambeth London Living
Hambrook House, second floor
Porden Road